Job Title: General Manager (Beach Resort)
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Experience Level: High
Salary: $3,200 – $3,800 per month
Our client is in search of a beach-resort General Manager to oversee all daily operations, ensuring the guests enjoy an outstanding experience. The successful GM will be responsible for all resort services, such as guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, revenue management, expense management, team building, and employee development.
- Provide the vision, leadership, and strategy that inspires your staff to deliver exceptional guest service that drives financial success.
- Collaborate with hotel department leaders to define goals and objectives that are compatible with the overall hotel goals, as well as strategies for achieving them.
- Create a budget to maximize profit margins while keeping costs in balance with guest satisfaction and quality of services.
- Lead sales and marketing efforts by developing a targeted strategy for publicizing the hotel’s services and amenities.
- Establish the hotel’s reputation for quality by inspecting rooms, public areas, and the surrounding grounds for cleanliness and upkeep.
- Supervise, lead, and train the heads of departments and the rest of the team to ensure the highest level of customer service is given to the guests.
- Oversee the accounting and purchasing for the resort, ensure costs are controlled and kept within budget. Implement ways to drive and increase revenue through the hotel operations.
- Maximize overall results through the successful daily operation of all departments.
- Maximize the financial performance of the resort by creating a work environment that allows the team to deliver exceptional guest service.
- Leads the management of the beach club operations and F&B to provide seamless services to the guests.
- Ensure the delivery of other such relevant services and initiatives as directed.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications
- Accepting and understanding of the values of the local and non-local customs, culture, religion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Extensive experience in hotel management, revenue management, and guest relations or similar
- Proficiency in English and knowledge of other foreign languages is a plus.
- Dedicated & hard-working, able to demonstrate effective Communications, Sales, and Marketing skills.
- Customer-driven, interpersonal, positive and friendly.
- Must be passionate and with a positive, flexible ‘can do attitude’ who’s hands-on.
- Computer literate